28.9.16

5 Things To Tell Your Hair Stylist!


Things To Tell Your Stylist Before & During Your Next Appointment..

This weekend I am going to get my second EVER curly haircut after my first one last year

As a natural (and curly girl) going to a salon and putting your trust in a hair stylist is a huge risk and something we have all struggled with in the past. I have asked countless times for a stylist to not put too much heat on my hair, don’t cut too much, don’t comb when dry, don’t use certain products and as we all know they do not always listen.

However within the past few years their are now more and more great salons and stylists out there who have been awakened and are trained to look after natural curly hair. They know how to cut it when dry, moisturise curls with the right products and not to use high heat.

I know a lot of you may still have reservations so I have put together some tips and things you may want to mention before you go ahead with a hair appointment (with an expert in curls).


1.

What do you REALLY want?! 

Speak now or forever hold your peace! Do not be afraid to speak up and tell your stylist exactly what you want them to do. The worst feeling is when a stylist takes over and does their own thing and you scream inside whilst sitting and watching!


    2.

        Bring your own hair products! With my last appointment my stylist asked beforehand what products worked well for me and made sure she had them along with similar ones she recommended. You too shouldn’t feel embarrassed to bring your favourites it shows that you care and know your hair, it will also help to build a relationship/conversation with them if you are shy.


     3. 

When it comes to the haircut, show some pictures of the kind of cut you would like. I recommend that you get your curls cut whilst your hair is dry. It gives you a better idea of how your hair will look day to day. Cutting it straight will make it look good when its straight but off shape when curly. Cutting your curls whilst wet can also do the same, mine was cut partly dry and partly wet (once the curls had been styled just to touch up).


     4.

Come with your hair styled out and curly (how you usually have it) this will give you a great before and after picture along with reinforcing to your stylist how it looks day to day so she can work around your look.

       
  5.

        ENJOY! I had the best time ever on my first curly cut. I felt really relaxed and it was amazing to have someone else go through the wash, deep condition, detangle, wash and dry process. I wish I could have someone do that for me weekly!


I will be sure to update you on my appointment, make sure to follow me on Instagram for all the juice.
 

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Hello, an amazing Information dude. Thanks for sharing this nice information with us. Blippo Kawaii discount code

    ReplyDelete

© UK Curly Girl

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig