21.8.14

Lush Superbalm Scalp Treatment - Product Review

A few weeks back I took a trip to the Lush store in Wimbledon looking for natural hair products. I had been aware of Lush for years but for some reason never thought to use them for my hair and skin care. 

Lately at events and on blogs I have heard a lot of people talking about the R&B hair moisturiser so this was the first product I asked the staff about. I also told them the problems I have been having with my scalp and they recommended that I try the 'Superbalm Scalp Treatment' (seen below) instead of the moisturiser (Which I think was great customer service! as they could have just tried to sell me both or go with what I asked for!).

The product comes in a round tin similar to a Vaseline tub and can be used for a year.

Lush Superbalm Scalp Treatment

Advantages
  • The 'Superbalm' has all natural ingredients (listed below) that calm down the scalp and reduce flaking. 
  • Its is so easy to use, you simply apply to your fingertips and massage the scalp before washing your hair. The consistency is really smooth and has a wet feeling to it. 
Lush Superbalm Scalp Treatment


Disadvantages
  • The smell isn't amazing but you wash the product out after using so it's not a problem.
  • It can take a while to apply to your whole head as you can only use your fingertips (opposed to having a liquid oil you can use a spray bottle or nozzle to apply quicker). 

You have to use it a few times before seeing results but I used this on my last wash and I can say that my itchiness has defiantly calmed down and on my third day hair I am only starting to see a bit of flaking emerging but I feel that if I use this product consistently I should see some improvements!

Yaay so I am glad I could finally have found a product that will get me into a good scalp care routine!

All in all I will give this product a 7/10 as it has not yet fully cured my scalp but I have hope that over time it will!

Ingredients
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, Candelila Wax, Salicylic Acid, Rose Wax, Lavender Oil, Chamomile Blue Oil, Rose Absolute, Essential Oil Perfumes. 

What do you use on your scalp to keep it from dryness and dandruff?

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I was looking at some of your posts on this website and I conceive this web site is really instructive! Keep putting up.. severe scalp flaking treatment

    ReplyDelete

© UK Curly Girl

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig