26.11.14

Winter Curly Hair Routine - LOC Method

So winter is here and this time of year is always when my hair is the driest! After some experimentation and research I have started to switch up my routine for this season.




After wash day I begin with soaking wet clean hair which is the first step in the LOC method L=Liquid.

Water

I then section my hair into 4 sections ( 2 on each side) and begin to apply coconut oil to my strands whilst finger detangling. This is the second step O=Oil. You can choose to use another oil like Virgin Olive Oil or Castor Oil it is completely up to you. If I feel my hair needs a more intense treatment I use the Big Hair whipped butter which contains Shea Butter (You can also use just natural Shea Butter).

Big Hair Whipped Butter & Coconut Oil

Next is the final step C=Cream now this is what really locks in the moisture and for this step I like to use either the SheaMoisture 'Curl Enhancing Smoothie' the 'Cantu Sheabutter Coconut Curling Cream'. This step also is critical for styling as it leaves your hair with great definition and hold!

Cantu Shea Butter Curling Cream & SheaMoisture Curl Smoothie

I then braid up my hair so that I can maximise moisture and lock it in overnight covered with a satin cap. The results are perfect moisturised strands! Please remember to keep up with moisturising atleast every other day as the cold weather will take its toll causing breakage! Below I left my hair for a few days without styling or moisturising and it became a matted mess. 

Dry matted curly hair

Thanks for reading and make sure to stay updated with me by following me on Instagram and Youtube! 


ca524264551dcbbc252c92f96c8b139aef9a63f6bb15736261
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© UK Curly Girl

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig