3.1.16

SheaMoisture Eye/Lip/Cheek Palettes Review


Using natural ingredients is a passion of mine as you know! I try my best to avoid the chemicals we have thrown in our face daily! I started off by changing my hair products to those that are completely natural or near enough (no harmful chemicals). Along with hair products I have been searching for good natural/organic makeup for my skin tone. I have very sensitive skin so natural ingredients is a must!

When I started to see bloggers reviewing
SheaMoisture makeup I was amazed that they had brought out a line and have been wishing for it to be available in the UK ever since!

 Luckily during my trip to New York I was in the right place to find it but they didn’t have it available in a lot of the local stores due to them relaunching with more makeup and updating things. During my visit to the SheaMoisture HQ I was so so lucky to be able to take away some makeup to try!!! I was given a foundation to match my skin tone, eye and cheek palettes and a lip scrub.


It has now been a few weeks of using them all so I have a full review of the palettes below,





I am so in love with the 'Rich Earth Palette' as the eyeshadows and blusher have multiple uses! The palette comes with two double sided eyeshadow brushes (one side with the eyeshadow sponge and opposite side with more of a brush). You also get a mini blusher brush (which isn’t the greatest) for applying blush so I add it to my face with that brush and then use my own brushes to blend the blusher in more. 


You get 8 different eyeshadow colours ranging from cream, brown, green and gold. The 'Donna' dark brown colour is amazing for filling in your eyebrows! I also use the lightest eyeshadow for my brow bone to help them stand out. 

The lip colour is a red/pink colour complimenting the brown and gold shades available but I didn't find it showed up much which meant I had to use a lot of it! The blusher I love as it is much darker than the usual gold toned bronzers I would go for and its actually the perfect colour for contouring your nose and cheek bones. 


I think that this pallet is great value for money as it pairs up as a contour kit, eyebrow kit and eye palette all in one! 








The 'Mystic Jewel' palette again is the same layout as the 'Rich Earth' palette just with a more vibrant combination of colours. You have a more pink tinted blusher, red lip colour and 'Mystic' blues, whites and purple toned eye shadows. 

I myself prefer the more bronzed and subtle makeup looks so would rather go for the 'Rich Earth' palette but if you stir more towards colour then I would recommend this palette! 







I love what I have tried from the range so far and am very impressed! I look forward to hopefully seeing them available here in the UK in the future as it again is a brand I would  trust now even for makeup! 

The only thing I would like to see improved is the packaging and brush quality (which I think they are in the process of doing at the moment).



Thanks for reading! 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© UK Curly Girl

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig