16.10.15

UKCurlyGirl Feature Of The Week: Melissa Gibbs


1) What does Melissa Gibbs do?

I'm a freelance photographer.


2) What made you get into photography?

I've always loved taking photos as long as I can remember! I had a film camera when I was 7 and I would always take photos but I really started taking it seriously when I was 16 and got my first dslr! 


3) What is your goal for the future?

I feel like my goal changes every month haha! I really want to have my own studio though where I can have lots of girls (especially curly ones) come in for tea and cakes and have their photos taken by me and just to feel like the beautiful girls they are! 


4) Have you always wanted to embrace your natural curls? If not, why and when did you begin too?

 I actually didn't. The thought of going natural made me go 'Ew no'. I think because I was so accepted with my straight hair and that's how everyone knew me I wasn't ready for such a drastic change but then I had a hair accident and that's what changed everything and I've been embracing the curls ever since.


5) What is your current hair routine?

At the moment it's pretty standard curly girl routine. I'm doing the LOC method a lot as its getting colder and my hair gets SO dry.


6) Favourite hair products?

SheaMoisture is my favouriteeeee!! Haha my hair loves that stuff especially from the coconut hibiscus line. And I do like some of the ORS Products particularly their leave in conditioner.


7) Do you go to a hair stylist/salon?

I haven't been to a salon in yearssss! Literally ages. The last time I went into one I was getting all my hair shaved off so it's a bit traumatic the thought haha but I did get my hair cut a few months ago by my lovely friend Ginny and I loved it! 



You can follow Melissa and her journey on social media here, 

Instagram @missygibbs Twitter @missygibbsphoto

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© UK Curly Girl

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig