12.10.15

SheaMoisture UK Boots Launch!


This week SheaMoisture have launched officially here in the UK thanks to a partnership with Boots! Obviously the natural hair community are buzzing about this as we can all finally pick up products that are aimed at us in stores that are convenient and cater to other hair types.

History in the making was made last week at the press launch in London, I was blessed enough to be asked to speak to the guests about my hair journey and relationship with the brand. It was very inspiring as my hair has come a long way thanks to the SheaMoisture products and as you know they are my favourite line!

You will be able to pick up products from the following collections in Boots,


- Coconut & Hibiscus
- Superfruit Complex
- Raw Shea Butter

For those of you who couldn't make it I have put together some pictures below and wanted to share with you my speech (In written form). Dreams do come true!!

I am an example of what SheaMoisture products can do for you! I started my journey back in 2013, my hair was completely damaged it was dry and would not curl due to years of repeated heat damage, relaxers, bleach and dyes. I finally had enough and wanted to attempt to take care of my natural hair and get my curls back. To begin my journey I researched online how to take care of curly hair and came across a lot of American bloggers that recommended this brand called SheaMoisture which I had never heard of and was not available here in the UK, the Curl Enhancing Smoothie was mentioned the most so I opted to buy that product online to start transitioning with and ever since I haven't looked back!!

2 years later and my hair is the healthiest it has ever been thanks to products from the SheaMoisture brand that really keep the hair healthy and moisturised. My top 3 favourites from the brand that are now available in Boots would have to be..

1) 'Coconut & Hibiscus' Curl Enhancing Smoothie

Amazing for holding twist-outs and braids outs, reducing frizz and adding shine to the hair. This line is infused with Coconut oil and the smoothie is a thick soft cream which is great for the LOC method.

2) 'Jamaican Black Castor Oil' Leave-In

My favourite leave-in conditioner ever! Smells amazing is infused with Jamaican Black Castor Oil and Peppermint to stimulate the scalp and promote health/growth. This product is very light and comes in a tub making it easier to apply larger amounts to the hair, great slip and leaves your hair defined and soft.

3) 'Superfruit Complex' 10-in-1 Renewal System Masque 

Amazing pick me up! I leave this in my hair for around 30 minutes under a plastic cap and it leaves my hair so soft once rinsed out. Its an amazing deep conditioner if your hair is lacking moisture I would recommend it. It includes antioxidants, marual oil and biotin a vitamin for hair growth. This line smells amazing and fruity!

 SheaMoisture to now be sold in Boots UK is a dream come true and I am so happy to be around and a part of this movement! As a young girl growing up in the UK I always felt like no products catered to me and my hairs needs in local stores but now we finally have a great healthy lifestyle brand easily accessible to us and made for us!

Massive thanks to the SheaMoisture team and Boots UK team for making this partnership happen!

Pictures Below










@DJMelodyKane



@HairIsSimba

Emmet Dennis (Chief Community Officer) 





SheaMoisture Team!

@_YasmineElizabeth & @HairIsSimba

@HairIsSimba & @EyeDahFineMe

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© UK Curly Girl

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig