20.7.17

'First Lady' Garlic Oil 1st Impression


I was sent a garlic hair oil by 'First Lady' which is a brand that has a full range of oils from Argan, Olive, Jojoba and more.

Garlic oil has great benefits for natural hair including, 
  • Preventing hair loss
  • Fighting dandruff
  • Faster hair growth
  • Strengthens the roots

I used the oil as a pre-poo treatment, which is basically detangling and moisturising the hair before you go ahead and shampoo. This helps to soften the hair and prevent further damage during the wash process. It's also a great way to stimulate your scalp, moisturise it and promote hair growth.


I first applied a generous amount of the oil to my palms and began applying it in sections to the scalp and then downwards to the rest of my hair whilst slowly detangling any knots.


Once each section had been oiled and detangled I gathered all of my hair together in a bun and applied a shower cap to my hair for 40 minutes (You can add heat at this point if you want a hot oil treatment.).


After the 40 minutes I definitely saw a difference, my scalp felt soothed and no long dry/itchy and my hair was stretched and really soft! I then went ahead with shampoo, deep conditioning and styling a wash and go.


I won't see the growth benefits of the Garlic oil until a few months of using it but I am convinced to try it as a prepoo as I noticed my curls were very moisturised after styling also. 

Check out my full tutorial and results here!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© UK Curly Girl

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig